Dr. Brandon VanTorre
D.C., R. Kin., Acupuncture Practitioner, C.S.C.S.
Brandon is a Doctor of Chiropractic; Registered Kinesiologist; Precision Nutrition Certified Level 1 Coach; Medical Acupuncture practitioner; certified Strength &
Conditioning Specialist; Fitness and Ergonomic consultant; certified Functional Capacity
Evaluator; Independent Chiropractic Evaluator; certified Canadian Red Cross Training Partner; First Aid & CPR/AED Instructor,
former Ontario Soccer Association Region 1 (Southwestern Ontario) Team Doctor for Sports Centres - the exclusive service provider
for the OSA Regional, Provincial & National teams; former Ontario Hockey Association trainer for the Lambeth Lancers Junior
Development and Owner/Clinical Director of St. Thomas Chiropractic Centre & Fitness Studio.
Brandon is certified in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario; he is a graduate
of the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto, Ontario, and holds an Honours Bachelor degree in Kinesiology &
Health Sciences from York University in Toronto, Ontario.
Brandon is a former Canadian Fitness Professional PRO TRAINER with 10 years experience teaching the canfitpro Personal Trainer
Specialist (PTS) certification program, and recipient of the 2004 canfitpro entrepreneurial award. He is also the first Clinical
Director for Body Mechanics at the Bob Hayward YMCA location in London, Ontario with 10 years of managerial experience in
physical rehabilitation and sports therapy.
EDUCATION: DEGREES / CERTIFICATIONS
- degree: Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Kinesiology and Health Sciences, York University, Toronto ON, November 2001.
- degree: Doctor of Chiropractic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto ON, June 2006.
- certified: Functional Integrated Acupuncture: Acute & Chronic Pain Management, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, October 22, 2017, Toronto, ON.
- certified: Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach, February 12, 2017, Toronto, ON.
- delegate: Independent Chiropractic Evaluator certificate, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Fall 2009, Toronto, ON.
- certified: Muscle Activation Techniques (MAT) Jumpstart Program - Upper Extremity, October 25-26, 2008, Toronto, ON.
- delegate: Active Release Techniques (ART) Upper Extremity Soft Tissue Management System certificate, September 25-28, 2008, Niagara Falls, ON.
- certified: Contemporary Medical Acupuncture for Health Professionals, McMaster University, Spring 2006, Hamilton, ON.
- certified: Strength & Conditioning Specialist, NSCA, December 3, 2005 - present.
- certified: First Aid & CPR/AED Instructor, Canadian Red Cross, February 5, 2008 - present, London, ON.
- certified: Functional Capacity Evaluator, Metriks Education Inc., October 5, 2007, Kitchener, ON.
- delegate: In-Home Assessment certificate, Metriks Education Inc., September 28-29, 2007, Kitchener, ON.
- delegate: Job Demands Analysis and Ergonomic Assessment certificate, Metriks Education Inc.,June 15-16, 2007, Kitchener, ON.
- certified: Ontario Hockey Association Trainer, Lambeth Lancers Junior Development, Lambeth, ON, 2001-2002.
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario (CKO), 2013 - present.
- Canadian Contemporary Acupuncture Association (CCAA), 2013 - present.
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario (CCO), 2006 - present.
- Ontario Chiropractic Association (OCA), 2006 - present.
- Canadian Chiropractic Association (CCA), 2006 - present.
- Canadian Chiropractic Protective Association (CCPA), 2006 - present.
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA), 2005 - 2013.
- Ontario Kinesiology Association (OKA), 2002 - present.
- Canadian Kinesiology Alliance (CKA), 2002 - present.
- Canadian Fitness Professionals (canfitpro) Personal Trainer Specialist, 2001 - 2012.
- evaluator: Auto insurance Independent Chiropractic Evaluator / Functional Abilities Evaluator, 2009 - present Southwestern, ON.
- committee member: Ontario Kinesiology Association 27th Annual Conference, October 16-18, 2009, London, ON.
- medical coverage: Ontario Soccer Association U16 Boys Provincial Team Doctor, Los Angeles, CA, March 12-23, 2009.
- medical coverage: Ontario Soccer Association U16 Girls Provincial Team Doctor, Charlotte, NC, April 7-16, 2008.
- medical coverage: On-site field practitioner for Sports Centres London, OSA Regional Provincial Team Satellite training, Optimist Soccer Dome, London, ON, 2006 - 2012.
PRESENTATIONS / ARTICLES / COURSE INSTRUCTION
- article: The Huffington Post Canada, "Office Exercises: 5 Moves to Make Sitting At The Computer More Bearable", January 24, 2014.
- presenter: YMCA of Western Ontario Fitness Jam Conference, "Running Injuries and Prevention Strategies", November 25, 2012, London, ON.
- presenter: YMCA of Western Ontario Fitness Jam Conference, "Performance Training for Athletes", November 6, 2011, London, ON.
- radio: 106.9 FM Radio Interview: Concussion in Sport, November 24, 2010, London, ON.
- article: Sweat Magazine, "the Wii fit: a hop, skip and jump in the right direction", Issue: Fall 2010, page 49.
- presenter: YMCA of Western Ontario Fitness Jam Conference, October 3, 2010, London, ON.
- presenter: Victoria Family Medical Centre, "Low Back Assessment for Medical Doctors", September 28, 2010, London, ON.
- expert panel: YMCA Fitness Fever Conference, Geneva Park, June 5, 2010, Orillia, ON.
- presenter: YMCA Fitness Fever Conference, "Making your YMCA Athlete Friendly", Geneva Park, June 5, 2010, Orillia, ON.
- author: Occupational Safety Group Advanced Industrial Ergonomics Course Manual, V1, May 2009.
- presenter: YMCA Fitness Fever Conference, "Functional Fitness" / "Low Back Fitness", Geneva Park, May 30, 2009, Orillia, ON.
- guest lecturer: Integrated Therapy: Chiropractic/Acupuncture/Kinesiology, Health Occupations Course,
University of Western Ontario, 2008-2009 & 2014, London, ON.
- instructor: Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid, Emergency First Aid & CPR/AED Certification courses,
Toronto/Southwestern, ON, 2007 - present.
- instructor: Personal Trainer Specialist Certification course, Canadian Fitness Professionals, Toronto/London, ON, 2003 - 2012.